Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WHAT NAME SHOULD WE USE FOR GOD?

This is an ETH-COM SESSION. Eth-Com is an abbreviation or short name for Ethical Communication. These sessions should normally be conversations between two or more people. Here, I talk with myself. It is not a very objective form of dialogue, but it is all I can do under the circumstances. If there is a fight, somebody break me up, please!

To make it easy for readers to COMMENT on any particular part of my “self-interview,” I number the questions and the answers. Thus, if you want to comment on the answer to the third question, you will refer to A3 or Q3-A3. If you want to comment on a range of questions and answers, then show the first and last numbers in the chain, e.g. A2-A5 or Q2-A5.

Note: If you like the format, and would like to read the Eth-Com Sessions in my book, you will find eleven of them in Ercian Testament – Part Two, Chapters 8 through 18, and nine of them in Ercian Testament – Part Three, Chapters 19 through 27.

******

BEGINNING OF ETH-COM

Q1: What name should we use for God?

A1: In one sense, it does not matter what name we use for God. In another sense, it matters a great deal.

Q2: Explain yourself.

A2: What is important is not so much the name we give God, but the concept behind the name. As an Ercian¸ I use two different names for God, because I have researched and developed two different concepts of God: God as an Unconscious natural system, and God as a Conscious personal being.

Q3: What names have you given God in each case?

A3: To God-Unconscious, I have given the name of Erc, and to God-Conscious the name of Ellael.

Q4: How does Ellael compare with Jehovah or Allah?

A4: Ellael is a conscious entity as are supposed to be Jehovah and Allah, but Ellael is different because, as the name implies, I have given both feminine and masculine aspects to this Ercian deity. A divine being, God and Goddess at the same time, in some mysterious way I cannot explain. Perhaps it is two beings in one, I have no idea, but it is what I wish.

Q5: In other words, you have no way of supporting that concept of God as one which is real, but you accept it because it is what you wish?

A5: That is right, to an extent. I can support my concept of Ellael a little bit by my experience in this world. Those humans who give birth to children in our world are female. If God-Conscious gave birth to this universe, I am betting there has to be a female part to God’s nature. My intuition tells me so. Right or wrong, it is what I wish: God-Conscious in that image that makes me whole.

Q6: Could you not feel “whole” with an image of God composed of the Trinity?

A6: For many years I did. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit: I loved them very much and I still love them. In my book, in one of those moments I wanted to make a point, I refer to them as a dysfunctional divine family. I did not mean any disrespect, just this: I want my Mother and my Sister in Heaven together with my Father, my Brother, and our Holy Spirit. That is the only way I will be whole. Let it be in Heaven as it is on Earth.

Q7: Getting back to the names we use for God, can you make any other observations?

A7: Yes, I can. Tradition plays a big part in conditioning people to conduct rituals and address God in a particular way. Could you imagine Jews praying to Allah or Muslims praying to Jehovah? These are monotheistic religions. They both believe there is only one God. If that is the case, why cannot Jews pray to Allah and Muslims pray to Jehovah? We are talking about the same hypothetical being with two different names. The answer is in their respective “holy” books. They both believe in God as portrayed in their scriptures, and take any other conceptual view as mistaken. In the Torah, God looks out for the Jewish people. In the Koran, God looks out for Muslims.

Q8: Whom do you think God would want to protect?

A8: I think God would want to protect all Ert (His and Her) children, but is unable to do so because this world is in our hands. What happens here is up to us. If we meditate on that subject, those with clear minds will realize that truth. In the Middle East, God would not want to see Jews killed, any more than Ert would want to see Muslims killed, any more than Ert would want to see Christians killed, any more than Ert would want to see atheists killed.

Q9: How can we stop the killing in the Middle East?

A9: We cannot stop it. Those who continue being the aggressors can.

Q10: Do you mean Israel?

A10. No. Israel is defending itself. As I see it, from what I see and read in the news, the facts are that Israel wants to live in peace with its neighbors. Those who continually seek the destruction of Israel have the power to stop all the killing. Stop being the aggressors.

Q11: If God-Conscious exists, does God support the aggressors or those who seek peace?

A11: If God-Conscious is a moral being—as should be the case—those who seek peace have God’s support.

Q12: What do you think would be God’s message to the international community of nations?

A12: Stop Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, and any other terrorist organization ... Stop Syria, Iran, and any other nation that seeks the destruction of Israel ... or the destruction of any other democratic country that stands for peace and freedom...e.g., the United States of America, England, etc. etc. ...Go further ... Stop North Korea...Stop Castro...Stop Chavez...Watch out for China... Finally ... In You I Trust.

END OF ETH-COM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home