Wednesday, August 23, 2006

MY MORNING PRAYER

Back in the 80’s and 90’s, when wholly immersed in my religious search, I created my own Ercian rituals and prayers. My approach was like that of an innocent child playing with toys. In some cases, I invented words, using I guess Ercianese language, mystical articulations that would deliver my prayers and messages to God-Conscious. I figured Ellael (the name I gave God-Conscious) would be able to translate by looking into my heart and mind.

Since I do not “know” Ellael, I fashioned our personal God and Holy Self after my own wishes. Again, I saw myself as a child of God, doing whatever I pleased—as long as it was sincere, coming right from the heart. Because I wanted a God Father and a God Mother in Heaven, they became real, and I gave them names. Whether Ellael granted this wish by becoming two persons, whether that was already the case, or whether Ellael would have to create two divine beings to make my wish come true, was not my problem. All I know is that I wanted a Father and a Mother in Heaven, and it was up to God to grant me or deny me that wish. I have faith that Ellael has granted me my wish.

I address my morning prayer to both the God Mother “Imay Donnai,” and the God Father “Zadonnai.” Now pay attention to this: Imay Donnai, the Motherly Spirit, is also the Holy Spirit, the Sacred Spirit, the Nurturing Spirit, the Spirit of the Cup of our Houses; Zadonnai, the Fatherly Spirit, is also the Unholy Spirit, the Profane Spirit, the Fighting Spirit, the Spirit of the Sword of our Houses.

Now, before you go running for a cross and some holy water wondering why I would make the God Father, the “Unholy” Spirit, let me explain my rationale. It does not mean the God Father is evil or that I want Zadonnai to be evil. What it means is that since I have placed the God Father in charge of our protection with the Sword of our Houses, there will be fighting and killing to defend our lives, our possessions, and our freedoms; but even when done with due justification and for good reasons, injuring or killing others is an unholy act. The job of the Holy Spirit is to nurture. The job of the Unholy Spirit is to protect by destroying if necessary.

As much as we should hate to fight or kill, however, it is necessary for our survival. We do not want to leave the Earth to authoritarian regimes, religious fanatics, or anybody else who is going to trample on our inalienable God-given rights. If anybody deserves Hell, it is them not us.

Note that while I use the word “Amen” to finish my prayer to the God Mother, I use the word “Xamen” to finish my prayer to the God Father. The letter “X” is a stopper. It symbolizes protection for us, and destruction for the evil plans of our enemies. The entry “Lord X” is number 438 in the Chart of Six along with the entries “God Ellael,” “Goddess,” “the Cup,” “Crown,” “United,” and “Kingdom,” among others. The entry “Sword” is 474 in the Chart along with “Marines” and “Mother” among others. Father sends the Sword of the Marines to protect Mother, the Nurturing Spirit. That is how I like to interpret that correlation, but it does not mean Mother or the females of our Houses cannot use “the Sword,” or do not know how to defend themselves.

For me, "la Santa Bárbara” has special significance. She carries a cup on her right hand (the Cup of our Houses), and a sword on her left hand (the Sword of our Houses). For those not familiar with the Catholic saint, and if I learned the story correctly, Barbara was a martyr executed for defending Christianity. Later, in Cuba, so that they could worship in secret, African slaves used the saint to represent Changó, the god of thunder in the Yoruba religion. Now, I have changed all that for my Ercian religion and made “la Santa Bárbara,” “the Ercian Barbara,” the image that represents “the Daughters of God.” In my Book, she does not have to be a “saint” by using the Cup all of the time. Whenever necessary, she can make use of the Sword.

If you are wondering who represents the Sons of God in my Ercian religion, Jesus does, although I have given him a slightly different name, the name of Hesus. Why did I do that? I did it to signify a change in philosophy on his part, no longer preaching unconditional love for those committed to evil. I did it because I do not want to see him crucified ever again. If he returns to Earth, he is coming back with the Spirit of a warrior, ready to fight for and defend all that is true, good, and just. That is how I wish Hesus to be. The rest of you can wish whatever you like.

Finally, my morning prayer in English:

All these things* have been done and will be done in the name of God and through the Power of God.

Imay-Donnai, our Mother, thanks for all you have granted us. Thanks to you and to the other Lords and Lordesses of our Houses. Please be with us so that we may drink from the Cup of our Houses. Amen

Zadonnai, our Father, thanks for all you have granted us. Thanks to you and to the Lords and Lordesses of our Houses. Please be with us so that we may protect ourselves with the Sword of our Houses. Xamen.

*"All these things" meaning that all thoughts and actions regarding the religious enterprise have been done and will be done in good faith, and after careful consideration.

Now, my morning prayer in Spanish:

Todas estas cosas* se han hecho y serán hechas en nombre de Dios y a través del Poder de Dios.

Imay-Donnai, Madre nuestra, gracias por todo lo concedido. Gracias a ti y a los otros Lores y Loras de nuestras Casas. Por favor, esté con nosotros para que podamos beber de la Copa de nuestras Casas. Amén.

Zadonnai, Padre nuestro, gracias por todo lo concedido. Gracias a ti y a los otros Lores y Loras de nuestras Casas. Por favor, esté con nosotros para que podamos protegernos con la Espada de nuestras Casas. Xamén.

*"Todas estas cosas" queriendo decir todo lo que se ha hecho y se hará por razones religiosas, se hace con buena fe y después de razonar bien los asuntos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home